Anybody care for some VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, & HIGH FIBER DARK CACAO BROWNIES?
These brownies are rich in cacao, filled w/ one of the finest unsweetened cacao powder from Sunfoods, and cacao butter from the Divine Organics Brand.
Adding black lentils adds fiber and protein to this sweets goodness, which makes snacking even better for your health!
The guilty ingredient for this recipe is not only the cacao butter BUT is the espresso powder, to give these brownies a rich mocha flavor kick (of course optional but highly recommended) !
Without further ado, you can find the recipe below!
- 1 1/2 unsweetened cacao powder (raw is recommended for more rich brownies)
- 1 and 3/4 cup cooked & drained black lentils
- 2 neat eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 3 tbsp cacao butter- melted
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp espresso powder (or extract can work too but powder recommended for rich espresso flavor)
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 2/3 cup beet sugar (or brown sugar is recommended , but other sweetener of choice will work as well)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Optional: Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray (for spraying on muffin tins before baking)
- Toppings: cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips)
- Pre-Preparations: Preheat Oven for 350 Degrees
- First in a food processor, make the neat egg or flax egg and mix until the "eggs" are set.
- Once the "eggs" are set, add the other ingredients listed, except for the cacao nibs.
- Blend the ingredients well, and pulse in the food processor until the batter becomes thick and creamy.
- Then, in a nonstick muffin tin of a dozen (or can differ depending on preference of thicker brownies at less quantity), evenly add the brownie batter in the cup tins (you can also lightly spray the tins w/ avocado oil if not using non stick or would like extra avocado goodness!)
- Optional * : Add cacao nibs or other topping on top if you would like.
- Bake the brownies for 15-20 mins (depending on your oven- mine took 20 mins) in the oven for 350 Degrees.
- Once the brownies (and the sides) are fully baked, let them cool in room temperature for at least 20 mins.
- Serve afterwards, or store away in a container to enjoy for later!
- & Enjoy!